In a dream I was a werewolf.

Pages

Sleepwalking

Oh hai everybody.

Firstly, I wanted to say thank you so much to the lovely readers who have started following me recently. I hope you all enjoy your stay ^^

Anyway, today's post is going to be mainly text because I haven't done anything interesting over the past couple days due to work commitments.

So, I woke up this morning and felt really sick in the stomach, granted it was probably because I ate KFC for dinner last night but still - I feel awful right now. Generally speaking, I eat pretty clean but I won't deny that sometimes I fuel my body with junk, especially when it's THAT time of the month (ladies are you with me?) It's awful because all I want to do is cry while I eat EVERYTHING in my line of sight.

When I do feel sick after eating a bunch of junk, I usually shrug it off and accept that it is what it is and I continue feeling lousy for the entire day. It's sort of like when you have a raging night out and it results with you waking up on the toilet floor with an epic hangover & a foul taste in your mouth. You tell yourself "I'm never drinking again" but the next weekend rolls around & you're back on it - because that's the cost of eating/drinking shit right? Wrong. This time around I'm feeling more inspired than ever to never feel like this again. Maybe it's because I'm getting older & I'm becoming more conscious of what I put in my body, I'm not quite sure just yet.

The past couple months I've allowed my curiosity to take control and it's lead me to research various lifestyle changes and I have been blown away by the various options - paleo, raw, vegetarian, no sugar, Atkins, juicing, vegan and holy shit the list just keeps going on that I can't keep up with them all. There are so many options on what kind of lifestyle one can adopt.

I've decided that as of Monday (It's currently Wednesday) I'm going to cut out meat/dairy and adopt a high plant based diet (I hate that word because I'm not actually dieting) and see how I go. I'm going to slowly wean myself off food that I've grown up eating and not be so hard on myself if I slip up here & there because I know myself, I have a bad habit of messing something up & using that as ammo to stop myself from continuing and that usually leaves me feeling pretty lousy so to avoid that, I'm just going to see how I go and if I happen to keep going long term, then yay - GO ME.

My reasoning behind this is because I don't like how I feel after I eat large amounts of meat/dairy and I actually really enjoy eating vegetables and fruits. I can literally gorge and I never feel sick when I'm done. I also don't enjoy how I feel after I eat white rice and/or white bread because who enjoys feeling bloated? So I'm also going to cut out white carbs and focus more on brown/wild rice/pasta.

On top of all of this, I'm becoming more aware of how animals are actually treated within the meat and dairy industries. Learning and being educated about how they are tortured/killed in slaughter houses actually hurts my heart more than I thought it ever would and I've decided that I no longer want to be a part of it. I can't help but feel like a hypocrite when I express my love of all animals to people but then continue to take advantage of cows, chickens, sheep, ducks etc ..

Soooooo, let's see how I go hey?

11 comments:

  1. good luck on your new eating style! you can do it, and update about how it goes for you =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D will do! Hopefully I can keep it up haha! X

      Delete
  2. Good luck on your new diet/lifestyle change~ I never feel bad about eating KFC, I'm usually happy but also a bit sad that there's no more KFC for me to eat lmao I do need to diet though... I have a beer belly and love handles xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D ohhh while I'm eating it I don't feel bad, but then afterwards I just feel gross =.= I dunno, I don't think it likes me as much as I like it hahaha. Psssh, you don't need to diet, you look tiny ^^ xx

      Delete
  3. Good luck ^^


    恵美より ♥
    www.emi-doll.blogspot.jp

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you :) I'll be sure to check out your blog. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel ya, girl. I've been "celebrating cheat day" for the past 3 months, lol. Been a rough 3 months BUT I'm ready to get back to working out and taking long walks every day. Phew~ Lack of exercise is killing my mojo, yo.

    And girl; about the dairy and meat industry thing.. Be glad you don't live in America. They feed their cows conr o__o if that ain't fucking odd, I don't know what is. I stopped eating pork because the pork industry in my country has gone to shit. Don't miss it, never will. Piggies are cuuuuute :')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Cheat day, it's my favourite day when I'm dieting haha.
      I totally agree though, if I'm not moving around I tend to get even lazier.

      Yeah, I've heard what they do to cows in America .. it's pretty messed up, but then again every country is messed up in their own way =.=

      Delete
  6. Its so nice to see that more and more people become more open minded and aware of farm animal cruelty and try out vegan lifestyle - Im not vegan myself, I stopped to eat meat year ago, but eat my home chickens eggs and some fish sometimes and honey, its just harder to do this when living in family home, but its my goal to eventually become vegan. I love fruits and veggies, really could eat tons of them :D So yeah, just wanted to tell that its so great that you decided to do this, its really feels so much better without meat, mentally and physically!Good luck, hope you love this new lifestyle!:)

    Anete,
    FIF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's crazy how the world is now becoming more & more aware of what these animals go through. To be honest, I didn't even know how bad it was until a vegan friend made me watch Earthlings.

      Thank you so much :) I'm excited to see how I feel in the next couple weeks too :D xx

      Delete