In a dream I was a werewolf.

Pages

Goddess

I recently had a comment left on one of my instagram pictures & it sort of annoyed me.

Granted, I'm probably just a bit irritable at the moment because "you know who" is coming back for another monthly visit.

Anyway, a follower left me a comment that said "Your life looks so perfect, why can't my life be this perfect. I would be much happier if I could do all the things you do." Don't get me wrong, that's the downside with running a blog as well as having a public social media platform - you open yourself up to people having a certain perception of who you are, as well what your life is like. I remember back when I blogged my daily adventures, religiously - a number of my followers would comment on how my life looked perfect and how they wished that they could have it as easy as I did because my photos showed "perfection". That's the thing though, a photo is real but it's just a small insight into someones actual reality.

I guess that's the bad thing, as humans we automatically assume that the person with the biggest smile means that they are the happiest when in fact they might be the saddest. I guess that's the same when it comes to following someone via social media. We assume based on what they show.

In all fairness though, it's hard not to.

I want readers of this blog to know in advance, I am far from perfect, my life itself is far from perfect.To be honest, majority of my time is spent at work because I work Monday to Friday - full time. My weekends involve a lot of catching up with cleaning and once all those tedious chores are done, then I have the luxury of spending time with my girlfriend & our friends.

Outside of all that, it's some what boring.

I'm sorry if you've come to read my usual posts where I tell you what I've been doing. This post is some what of a downer and it's because I've been feeling down. This is due to the fact that I was forced to close a lot of doors on people that I thought would always be considered "friends". It doesn't do anyone any good to dwell on the past, I know that, but the wounds are still fresh and I'm only starting to believe that it's ok to no longer have these people in my life. The hardest one to let go of though is was my best friend. I think I'll mourn the loss of her for a very long time.

As per usual, all the photos from the past week/weekend are below. Enjoy my loves.

















8 comments:

  1. Thanks for following me. ❤
    You seem to have an interesting blog and I like the pics you take. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for following me ツ and thank you :D I'm glad you enjoy the pictures hehe ツ

      Delete
  2. I understand this feeling, I've ended a lot of toxic friendships in the past and I felt very lonely because of that. I really don't mind anymore because I've made some pretty nice online friends who care about my feelings more than the people I know in real life. It's funny because we're all strangers to each other. lol
    Omg and your food photos again. can u like...not ;-; LOL so want a fob roll, for real..
    Did you shave your hair off??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy hey? I'm just so over people who don't have my best interest at heart, regardless of how long I've known them. It was awful having to do it & it still makes me sad, but it had to be done .. so I'm sure eventually I'll reap the rewards haha.

      Fob rolls over anything. Ugh .. they are so good and so cheap where my mum lives! It's basically chinatown hahaha.

      Nooooo way haha! I've just got one side shaved and it wraps around the back of my head as well, sort of like an undercut. So basically whenever I put my hair up, I end up looking like I've shaved all my hair off when I take selfies haha.

      Delete
  3. I understand completely. Sometimes people think that they know you from reading your posts and they do to an extent but sometimes they extrapolate things out of context. Annoying...

    I have to say that your food photos are drool inducing though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! what a mouth-watering blog post <3

    lots of love xx
    Nee from ROSECANDLE11

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha one of the things I post the most - food >.<

      Delete