In a dream I was a werewolf.

Pages

Bloom

Note - This post is picture heavy, don't use if you have lousy internet speeds.

It was Sara and I's anniversary on the 21st of October so I planned a cheeky trip for the 2 of us to venture around Tasmania for 5 days. We left Melbourne on the 17th of October and didn't come back until the 22nd. It was really refreshing getting away from the busy hustle & bustle that is Melbourne.

Sara had no idea where we were staying. She had an idea because I suck at surprises so I kind of let her in on what I was kind of planning BUT she had no idea what we would be doing nor what I had planned for the overall trip. To be honest, I wanted nothing more than for her to relax & to just take it easy for once.

There is this huge misconception in the lesbian world that the more androgynous looking female is meant to take on the role of the "male" so that means that they should provide, be the romantic & essentially be more of the giver. Pfft. No thanks. I love to give just as much as I take, so you could say that Sara & I are very much equal - on all levels.


We stayed in South Hobart at a studio apartment called the Rivulet Studio, it was literally surrounded by mountains but was only a 5 minute drive into Hobart CBD. The house was so beautiful, if Sara & I had the money to buy a house/apartment we would probably own something very similar. This apartment in particular used to be an old printmaking studio that the owners converted into what you see in the photos. The owners themselves were also creatives & Nic's work was hanging throughout.

There was so much to do, so much to see & so much to eat in Tasmania. We got lost nearly every day, turning down random roads & ending up in different areas. We visited MONA (Museum of Old and New Art) and it was everything we expected. We took a day trip up to Launceston which was a 2.5 hour drive out of Hobart and also traveled down south to see the edge of Tasmania. There is something about being near that much water & not being able to see anything urban or industrial near you that makes you realize how small you actually are in comparison to the world.

Overall we both had a lovely time & Tasmania is definitely worth a visit if you have the time to go.
One word of advice, don't expect much from the coffee.


















































4 comments:

  1. You're pictures are absolutely stunning! :D I have relatives that live in Australia (Queensland)
    My favorite pic would be the sheep staring straight at the camera, the lone tree by the ocean, and the food!

    http://tabachui.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D can you believe I've never actually been to Queensland. One day though hehe :3 xx

      Delete
  2. Ahhh...I keep forgetting about Tasmania even though it's right below us... I never would have expected it to be such a beautiful place!! Your photography skills are amazeballs ;-; omg...
    Now I want to eat a burger lmao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much :D I do try haha :P

      None of my friends from Melbourne believe me when I tell them that Tasmania is actually really beautiful haha. Then I show them photos and they suddenly believe me :P and the food is amaaaaaaze, especially if you like seafood :D xx

      Delete